When you’re adding to your gratitude journal, don’t forget to include all those with whom you collaborate. Think about collaboration in the broadest sense. Who enables you to carry on your life as you know it? (In other words, if your life and business were a book, who would be in the acknowledgements?)
Here are some ideas:
- Partners, joint-venture and otherwise
- Vendors, suppliers, and your landlord
- Family, friends, cheerleaders of all sorts
- Sales, marketing, web development, technical and repair professionals
- Employees and contractors
- The accounting and administrative folks who help you stay on top of things
- Your medical providers who keep you running on all cylinders
- Your gym buddies, walking group, fitness trainer, yoga instructor or the nice lady behind the counter at the Y
- The people who bring you what you enjoy in your free time—authors, bloggers, reporters, YouTube video creators, social media friends and others who touch your life every day.
- Supporters of all kinds: your daycare provider, dog walker, mail carrier, FedEx delivery person, the barista who makes your morning espresso with a smile, the dry cleaner who knows how you like your cuffs pressed, the parking lot attendant who keeps an eye on your car, and the co-worker in the next office, desk or cubicle who covers for you when you have to miss work
All of these people, in large and small ways, hold together the fabric of your life. If you had to move to another city, or if something happened to any of them, you would feel a loss and see a hole in your “normal” day.
So why not take a moment to say “thank you” for their help, friendship, support, cheery wave, encouragement and good work? It’ll make you feel good, make them feel great, and help take the edge off the holiday season rush. Even better—it’s a priceless gift that costs nothing, requires no wrapping or shipping and has no environmental impact. Say “thank you” today and see what happens!